The The National Honor Society (NHS) is more than just an honor roll, it is a program that prepares students for life. For this reason Pioneer is proud to have NHS as an essential part of the academic experience. NHS is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Other Benefits of NHS at Pioneer:
As an NHS member, you can get ready for whatever comes your way after high school. To help prepare you for college and your career, you’ll have exclusive access to robust tools and resources:
- Leadership development, motivation, and inspiration gained through their own chapter’s work
- Access to innovative leadership cultivation and career exploration
- Service projects, both by the chapter and individual, allow members to build teamwork capabilities, hone project management aptitude, and make friends—all valuable life skills
- Unique member-only college admission resources, integrating web and social media platforms
- Help with financing college education through a members-only scholarship search tool and the NHS Scholarship program, which, since its establishment in 1946, has awarded more than 16,000 scholarships totaling more than $12 million to seniors who best reflect the values of NHS
To access the bylaws of the Pioneer High School for the Performing Arts Chapter of the National Honor Society please click here.